top of page

Non-Chinese permanent residents of Hong Kong and Macao can apply for a 'home-return permit'

Ming Pao News

2 Jul 2024

'The National Exit-Entry Administration announced yesterday that starting from next Wednesday (10th), non-Chinese permanent residents of Hong Kong and Macao can be issued a "Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents (Non-Chinese)" (commonly known as a Home Return Permit) ), the certificate is valid for 5 years, regardless of nationality or industry. The holder can stay no more than 90 days at a time for business negotiations, tourism and leisure, etc.


Inaki Amate, president of the European Business Association, said that he noticed that the mainland has gradually relaxed the entry policy for some European citizens, but many other nationalities have not benefited from it. The new measures respond to their demands.'

Original article in Chinese. Machine translated using Google translation.

bottom of page