Fee: HKD 270 for members of a European National Chamber (click for list) | HKD 320 for non-members
The General Data Protections Regulations (GDPR) which will become effective in May 2018 can be described as regulatory disruption to data-driven business.
This seminar aims to inform the audience on the key points of the new regulation, and will also give hands-on practical advice on how to align current business processes.
- What do the GDPR mean for companies based in Hong Kong?
- How should companies prepare?
- How will it change business models?
- Does one need expert advice on GDPR?
The seminar is targeted for SME which have customers in Europe and collect, process and use data in their business operations.
We will also introduce a few checklists and case studies that can help companies to become GDPR compliant with.
||Francois Chabaudie, Founder of Neoma
Digital data evangelist, Francois heads up Neoma which is one of Asia’s leading IoT and AI platforms using micro-location data to build a 1:1 customer relationship and improving space management. Working with clients across the globe, Neoma is currently disrupting 10+ industries (malls, luxury retail, fitness, etc.).
Francois holds a Master degree in Entrepreneurship from Top 5 French business school.
Scope of experience: Management, Sales, Strategic Planning, Data Analysis and Product Development
||Roger Haenni, CEO & Co-Founder of Datum
Tech Wizard & Serial Entrepreneur, 17 years experience in big data systems. Co-Founder of StockX, SwissInvest, PCP.ch and Kosi. Datum is the decentralized marketplace for social and IoT data. Powered by Ethereum, BigchainDB and IPFS.
||Ville Sarja, Group CIO and Group Security Officer, Salcomp | EuroCham ICT Business Council
Ville is a member of the Finnish Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong Board. Since 1997, he has been working in the service business management and development roles. Ville has more than 15 years’ experience in building and managing complex services in global environments. In the past, he has worked for NOKIA, FISKARS and European Directories. Where he developed himself in the following specialties; IT Service Management, Business Development and Sales, Leadership and Motivation and Strategy. At the moment, he is the Group CIO and Group Security Officer at Salcomp.
||Moderator: Waltraut Ritter, Principal, Knowledge Dialogues | EuroCham ICT Business Council
Waltraut has an MA in Information Science and Sociology from the Free University of Berlin and an MBA from Anglia Ruskin University. Throughout the years she has been specialized in open data and open government policy development, geography knowledge, knowledge and innovation networks, societal innovation, digital public spaces for arts and culture. At the moment, she is the founder of Knowledge Dialogues and has been working on innovation projects at the intersection between universities, civil society, business and government. Next to this, Waltraut is also a founding member of the New Club of Paris, member of APSTN and of the International Council on Knowledge Management.
REMINDERS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
– Business attire is required. Jeans and sports shoes are not allowed.
– Reservations and payment in advanced are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
– Registration Deadline: 6 March 2018. The organizer reserves the right to decline any application.
– The full event fee is immediately payable upon submission of the registration.
– Full payment is due 6 March 2018. *A payment receipt will only be provided upon request.
– If you cannot attend the event for which you have registered, please cancel it by 6 March 2018, 5:00pm.
– If you fail to notify us of your cancellation in a timely fashion, you will still be charged for the event fee.
– Payments are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the organizer.
– When Typhoon 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted, all events will be cancelled.