Initiated in 1997, the European Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (EuroCham) is a non-governmental business interest group. The EuroCham is a ‘Chamber of Chambers’ with its membership comprising of 16 European Chambers based in Hong Kong and 1 in Macau. The appointed representatives of these chambers make up the EuroCham’s board of directors.
EuroCham’s key objectives are to:
- Provide a European forum to exchange information, discuss common challenges businesses are facing, and publish position papers to put forward our recommendations.
- Promote commercial, industrial, financial, scientific, and other economic exchange between Europe, Hong Kong, Macau, and the Greater Bay Area.
- Host functions that allow members to network with stakeholders from Europe, Hong Kong, Macau, and the Greater Bay Area, including hosting of officials from the European Union (EU).
The Board of the European Chamber is responsible for the strategic development of Chamber activities. The current Board comprises:
Chairperson, the European Chamber of Commerce (2020)
German Chamber of Commerce
Vice-chairperson, the European Chamber of Commerce (2020)
Spanish Chamber of Commerce
- Wilhelm Brauner, Austrian Chamber of Commerce
- Bernard van Hees, Belgium-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
- David Graham, British Chamber of Commerce
- Jens-Erik Olsen, Danish Chamber of Commerce
- Jan Willem Moeller, Dutch Chamber of Commerce
- Iñaki Amate, Finnish Chamber of Commerce
- Christine Raynaud, French Chamber of Commerce
- Wolfgang Niedermark, German Industry and Commerce Ltd.
- Davide De Rosa, Italian Chamber of Commerce
- Robert Agnew, Irish Chamber of Commerce
- Alminas Zaldokas, Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce
- Hans Fredrik Bredesen, Norwegian Chamber of Commerce
- Bernie Leong, Portuguese-Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Macao)
- Talida Brauner, Romanian Chamber of Commerce
- Karine Hirn, Swedish Chamber of Commerce
*The Chairmanship of the European Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong rotates alphabetically through the member European Chambers. The Vice-Chairman is the following year’s Chairman. Both positions are held for one year.