Initiated in 1997, the European Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (ECC) is a non-governmental business interest group. The ECC is a ‘Chamber of Chambers’ with its membership comprising 15 European Chambers based in Hong Kong and 1 in Macau. The appointed representatives of these chambers make up the ECC board of directors.
The ECC’s key objectives are to:
- Provide a channel of communication within European chambers in Hong Kong and economical circles.
- Promote commercial, industrial, financial, scientific and other economic exchanges of all types between Hong Kong and the European Union.
- Identify the problems that European companies may encounter in their development within Hong Kong and their extended Mainland Chinese market.
- Host functions that allow members to discuss and network with Hong Kong and European officials.
The Board of the European Chamber is responsible for the strategic development of Chamber activities. The current Board comprises:
2018 Chairman of the European Chamber of Commerce
Irish Chamber of Commerce
Claudio de Bedin
2018 Vice Chairman of the European Chamber of Commerce
Italian Chamber of Commerce
- Wilhelm Brauner, Austrian Chamber of Commerce
- Bernard van Hees, Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
- Andrew Seaton, British Chamber of Commerce
- Jens-Erik Olsen, Danish Chamber of Commerce
- Daniël de Blocq van Scheltinga, Dutch Chamber of Commerce (Treasurer)
- Ville Sarja, Finnish Chamber of Commerce
- Rebecca Silli, French Chamber of Commerce
- Horst Geicke, German Chamber of Commerce
- Wolfgang Niedermark, German Industry & Commerce
- Andrius Bartuskevicius, Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce
- Talida Brauner, Romanian Chamber of Commerce
- Marisa Flores, Spanish Chamber of Commerce
- Karine Hirn, Swedish Chamber of Commerce
- Filipe Santos, Portuguese-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (Macao)
*The Chairmanship of the European Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong rotates alphabetically through the member EU Chambers. The Vice-Chairman is the following year’s Chairman. Both positions are held for one year.